forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
forum

forum

4 posters

Minecraft Let's play with Mango

Ultra Jedit
    Ultra Jedit
    Average Swifter
    Average Swifter

Teeth : 38

Minecraft Let's play with Mango - Page 2 Empty Re: Minecraft Let's play with Mango

Post by Ultra Jedit Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:23 am

opaquemango85 wrote:
    Thanks, it took me some time though. Trying to fix my server right now so we can play together. If we did, would you record us?

No problem. DO you have skype?[/quote]

yep, names ultra_jedit
    Ultra Jedit
    Ultra Jedit
    Average Swifter
    Average Swifter

Minecraft Let's play with Mango - Page 2 Empty SERVER IS WORKING!

Post by Ultra Jedit Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:09 am

I have my server working, but I don't want any randoms to join so here is how it is going to work. I will have a white list and I will only tell the ip address to chosen people. If you would like to play on the server, give me a message on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/UltraJedit?blend=3&ob=5 with a request to play and your Minecraft username. Mango, you can join but give me a message first and I will reply with the ip address, and that goes for everyone else too. Unfortunately, the server will not be up 24/7 and I doubt it ever will be. Also take not that I live in Australia, the server will be open whilst I am awake, so for people over seas, I am sorry, but it may not always be open. That is pretty much it, so thank you and have fun on the server!
    Ultra Jedit
    Ultra Jedit
    Average Swifter
    Average Swifter

Minecraft Let's play with Mango - Page 2 Empty Re: Minecraft Let's play with Mango

Post by Ultra Jedit Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:54 pm

DAM IT! The server will not work. It was fine yesterday, but today, it only works if I go localhost, so the ip address will not work, any ideas?
    Ultra Jedit
    Ultra Jedit
    Average Swifter
    Average Swifter

Post by Ultra Jedit Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:21 pm

[img]Minecraft Let's play with Mango - Page 2 Untitl11[/img] Here is my problem however I covered up my ip address.
    opaquemango85
    opaquemango85
    New Swifter
    New Swifter

Teeth : 20

Post by opaquemango85 Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:37 pm

Ultra Jedit wrote:[img]Minecraft Let's play with Mango - Page 2 Untitl11[/img] Here is my problem however I covered up my ip address.

are you using the ip address from the router or from the modem?
    morgoth780
    morgoth780
    Admin
    Admin

Teeth : 51

Post by morgoth780 Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:47 am

since it seems to be a pretty private server, you could always just use hamachi
    Ultra Jedit
    Ultra Jedit
    Average Swifter
    Average Swifter

Post by Ultra Jedit Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:21 am

opaquemango85 wrote:
    Ultra Jedit wrote:[img]Minecraft Let's play with Mango - Page 2 Untitl11[/img] Here is my problem however I covered up my ip address.

are you using the ip address from the router or from the modem?

um, I don't know, I just used the one http://www.ipchicken.com/ showed me when I opened it. It was working yesterday and I know the ip address changes, but I tried the new one. I think it is because my ports I forwarded are for some stupid reason, not forwarding! I am fairly pissed off.
    Ultra Jedit
    Ultra Jedit
    Average Swifter
    Average Swifter

Post by Ultra Jedit Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:24 am

morgoth780 wrote:since it seems to be a pretty private server, you could always just use hamachi

I guess I could but I have always liked the idea of anyone joining when I tell them they can, I don't like the sound of it being 'restricted'. But if you can give me some instructions on how to use it and get the server working with it, I will try it out. It is better than nothing!
    morgoth780
    morgoth780
    Admin
    Admin

Teeth : 51

Post by morgoth780 Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:18 pm

for hamachi, you just have to create a hamachi network on the same computer you're going to run the server, and everyone has to join the hamachi network to join the server, thought once part of the hamachi network, they can join the server just by typing in your ip.

it's a lot easier than doing the portforwarding on your router, but a lot less convenient. you could just use it until you've figured out how to set it up without.
    Ultra Jedit
    Ultra Jedit
    Average Swifter
    Average Swifter

Post by Ultra Jedit Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:20 pm

morgoth780 wrote:for hamachi, you just have to create a hamachi network on the same computer you're going to run the server, and everyone has to join the hamachi network to join the server, thought once part of the hamachi network, they can join the server just by typing in your ip.

it's a lot easier than doing the portforwarding on your router, but a lot less convenient. you could just use it until you've figured out how to set it up without.

I am going to see if the server will work with 1.9 pre release 6, then I will try hamachi. Thanks for the info! Very Happy
    Ultra Jedit
    Ultra Jedit
    Average Swifter
    Average Swifter

Post by Ultra Jedit Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:26 am

actually, my friend had the same problem (port forwarding problem) not with minecraft but with black ops. He is coming to mine on saturday, he and I will fix it I hope.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:05 am